CONSULTATION HOUR IN TIMES OF COVID-19
In the current situation the consultation hour has to take place online.
- Send an email to email@example.com, and make sure it contains:
- Your full name
- Your matrikel number
- Your phone number
- If possible, a short description of your issue
- The chairperson of the examination board will then reply by email and send you a Zoom-link.
- During the official consultation hour time (see below), click on the Zoom-link. You will then automatically enter the waiting room. Please wait until you are taken into the main room.
- Please have all relevant documents at hand, to avoid unnecessary loss of time.
Possible changes of the schedule will be announced here.
Please note that sometimes the queue is long, which can lead to long waiting times. In nearly all cases, however, the consultation hour is extended until all waiting persons have been served. In special circumstances it is also possible to make a separate appointment.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before you consult the chairman of the examination committee with questions.
If you wish to get courses from abroad or other universities acknowledged, please do the following:
- Please fill out the following web form: http://www.ita.uni-heidelberg.de/~dullemond/prueaus/ (Note: This webform is only accessible from from within the university network; From outside please use VPN).
- Please send the 8-character code that this webform returns by email to the chairman.
- After this, please come to the consultation hour. Important: Please bring all transcripts.
End-to-end encrypted communication with the chairperson of the examination board
If you want to be able to communicate with the chairperson of the examination board in an end-to-end encrypted manner, there are two ways you can do so:
- Method 1: Use encrypted email using PGP (only recommended if you are familiar with PGP). Here you can find the public key of the chairperson of the examination board
Prof. Dr. Cornelis Dullemond
(ACA844DC263CDBF1): public key. You need to import the public key into your local OpenPGP Key-Manager.
- Method 2 (easiest): Use heiChat, an instant messaging service with capability to send end-to-end encrypted messages, offered by the Uni-Rechen-Zentrum (URZ) of Heidelberg University. The User-ID of the chairperson of the examination board Prof. Dr. Cornelis Dullemond is @mm120:matrix-im.uni-heidelberg.de. Important: For first contact, please also send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify him that a heiChat message awaits him (as he may not have heiChat always turned on). The confidential message should, of course, be inserted only in the heiChat message, not in the email.