- The conference will take place at the "Psychologisches Institut" of the "Universitaet Heidelberg" (address: Haupstrasse 47, 69117 Heidelberg). See the "travel" link for a link to the google map.
- The reception will be at the conference venue on Monday, July 30, starting after the talks at 6pm.
- Invited talks: 30 min + 5 min for questions
- Contributed talks: 20 min + 3 min for questions
- Posters can be up to A0 in size.
- The conference dinner will take place at "Kulturbrauerei" in the old town of Heidelberg.
- We will not have proceedings but will collect talks and put them online after the meeting.
|9:00—9:25||S. Meidt||The Importance of Dynamical Environment for Star Formation: Gas Flows on GMC Scales in M51|
|9:25—10:00||A. Bolatto (invited)||Determining H2 masses|
|10:00—10:25||K. Sandstrom||Measurements of the CO-to-H2 Conversion Factor and Dust-to-Gas Ratio in Nearby Galaxies|
|11:00—11:25||A. Usero||Dense molecular gas and star formation across galaxy disks|
|11:25—11:40||Poster Talks #5||Bonzini, Braun, Elson, Gaibler, Groves, Hwang, Kreckel, Lanz, Lisker, Marvil, Natale, Richings, Seale, Sliwa|
|Session 4||Scaling Relations|
|11:40—12:15||C. Lada (invited)||Star Formation Rates in Molecular Clouds and the Nature of the Extragalactic Scaling Relations|
|12:15—12:40||S. Longmore||Variations in the Galactic star formation rate and density thresholds for star formation|
|12:40—13:05||M.-M. Mac Low||Why Does Molecular Hydrogen Abundance Correlate with Midplane Pressure in Galaxies?|
|9:00—9:35||R. Klessen (invited)||Star Formation at Different Metallicities|
|Session 7||Dwarf Galaxies, Starbursts and Other Extreme Environments|
|09:35—10:00||R. Shetty||Star Formation Self-regulation due to Supernovae in Starburst Galaxies|
|10:00—10:25||N. Scoville||Star Formation in Extreme Environments|
|11:00—11:25||B. Weiner||Star formation in disky U/LIRGs - low-z analogs for high-z star forming galaxies|
|11:25—11:50||A. Adamo||A link between star cluster formation efficiency and the mean star formation rate of their host galaxies|
|11:50—12:15||T. v.d.Laan||Evolution of Starburst Rings, Case Study of NGC5248 and NGC6951|
|12:15—12:40||D. Lucero||The HI-H2 Transition and Star Formation in Early-Type Galaxies: Observation Meets Theory|
|12:40||End of Conference|